Monday, November 24, 2003

Apologia Pro Lauren Zalaznick

Lauren Zalaznick, prexy of Trio TV is becoming quite the celebrity in here. Anyway, if you weren't logging in earlier, there was a confusing little contretemps that is now over and I must set the record straight.

The Corsair wishes to apologize from the bottom of his healthily ironic heart and feverish mind for raking the very cool Laura Zalaznick over the coals in a blog, since edited out, that accused her and Trio of pilfering my 70s miniseries idea without giving me any props.

Karen Reynolds, the PR person for Universal Studios sent us a very gentle email explaining that the 70s mini series project had been in development for over a year. Oops. Maybe we are not the experts on the television side of the business as we thought we were? Then again, we all make mistakes.

Anyway, I posted the idea --in rough form -- on August 2003 on Papermag.com's boards. I also emailed the idea to their programming department at feedback@triotv.com. Then, one month later, Trio TV issued a press release touting basically the exact same films that I posted for a 70s mini series film series -- how wierd is that?

Anyway, I just read about the whole thing in TV Guide and said to myself: Okay, they took my idea and ran with it -- I did post it in cyberspace, the public domain, but couldn't they at least email me a heads up? Yo What's up with that?

So, in an addled mood I posted a harsh open letter to Zalaznick and Trio but I was wrong. I swear to God, the whole thing was so meta: it was like that What's Happening episode where Raj thinks his episode of the kids finding the bag of money is stolen by the tv executives, but he finds out that it wasn't.

Anyway, The Corsair still loves his Trio.

And I guess if I was spinning this I would say The Corsair was ahead of the curve and anticipated programming at Trio. If I were spinning.

Everyone watch Trios Top Ten Miniseries Countdown over the Holiday weekend.

No comments: