Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Diary of a Mad Senior

Stuyvesant High School is a school for highly intelligent public school students in New York City. Their online newspaper is The Spectator, and it contains a sort of teen rant column -- kind of like a blog, but with better grammar -- called Diary of A Mad Senior. It's better than the OC, people; it's on like Grey Poupon!

It's a hoot.

Do you remember high school? The angst, the cosmic sense of self importance, the bad poetry, the unrequieted love -- what? You don't? That's just me, you say? Whatever.

Anyhoo: The Mad Senior in question, one Shannon Blaney-- probably a fine young woman with a bright future -- gives us a dose of High School when she writes:

"So you can imagine how happy I was to have a best friend who reciprocated my feelings. Then in sophomore year, a minor tragedy took place. My best friend moved at the very end of the year�all the way to Mexico City. I was devastated and felt quite selfish. What, I wondered, would I do next year? Who will be my friend?"

A group hug for everyone who went through High School angst. We've come a long way, baby.

No comments: