Monday, January 12, 2004

Stupid Ass of the Week: Al Sharpton

Al Sharpton behaved like a horse's ass in last night's debate, which may or may not be surprising to readers of this blog.
Attacking Howard Dean for not having an African American on his staff while he was governor of Vermont, Sharpton failed to mention an important little fact: According to the 2000 census, Vermont's state population was 0.5% African American.

I went to Marlboro College and was the only African American in my graduating class back in 1994. During my time there I was, to be frank, a bit of a rock star. Many people had never seen an African American except on the Cosby Show. In that left leaning state, people would actually stare at me when I'd go to nearby towns; waitresses -- and I kid you not! -- would argue over who was taking my order. I was even an authentic black experience *coughs modestly* for quite a few of the ladies back then in my randy collegiate days.

Al Sharpton is an ass for attacking Dean on that matter. National Review's Byron York actually has a perceptive piece as to why Dean couldn't really tear into Sharpton.

No comments: