Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Kimora Le Simmons Versus Graydon Carter and Page Six

51808355EA025_diva
(image via urbanmecca)

Oops she did it again. Kimora Lee Simmons opened her saucy mouth and, as if by magic, inserts her sasquatch-sized Jimmy Choo. In the September/October YRB Magazine, Kimora vents on the letters page of Vanity Fair:

"If I woke up and spent my time worrying about who being about that ... What do these people have going on that this is what they focus on all day, reading about them writing in to give their negative opinions? That's a lot of energy. I got jobs and kids and a husband to focus on. I can't be thinking about this stuff. First of all, I'm sure (Vanity Fair) recieved many more positive letters but Graydon Carter chose to put those particular letters in there and spin it another way. They even go a step further and give me another page. You know how much pages cost to advertise? That's how much money they thought I was worth to dedicate another page to me even a month after all those pages from the first article. I look at that as real estate."

Property, no doubt, located on the margins of propriety (Exaggerated cough suggesting feigned detachment). Kimora, of course, continues, thus digging herself deeper into the hole:

"... people I work with and kids who have been with me since college as interns -- I don't think they would say 'she puts her diamonds before us.' Those people know me and my passion, and those are not the people who read Vanity Fair. And at the end of the day, Yes I have the diamonds. Yes, I have the Rolls Royce, several of them. Does that make me a bitch?"

The line of people who wish to robustly slap Kimora Lee Simmons, FYI, forms to the right. She continues:

"One has nothing to do with the other. My dad always said you might not like the things people say about you but the fact that they're talking about you says something about you compared to the person standing next to you. If you read a great article about you and read a bad one about you and you rise and fall with each article you end up being psychotic. You have to stay in the middle and take everything with a grain of salt. The happiness, the sunshine, the rain, it's all good and plays its part. The Lord put all of this in my life. I'm grateful for it. So thank you to all the haters on Page Six."

Well, thank you Kimora for that lively, uh ... meteorological report replete with the sunshine and rain -- which, no doubt, came from Russell Simmons. Now, here's a forecast from The Corsair: violent thundershowers in Kimora's future are likely.

1 comment:

slyboots2 said...

She can whine as much as she wants but I betcha she bought at least 100 copies of the magazine with her article in it and didn't think twice about how she would be received until she saw the bad press. Silly, vapid, venal thing...sigh...