Friday, January 15, 2010

Media-Whore D'Oeuvres



"Elle editors and fashion industry insiders welcomed Alexis Bryan Morgan into the fold last night at an intimate gathering at Minetta Tavern in celebration of her appointment as Elle's new Fashion Director. Zac Posen, Erin Fetherston, Elie Tahari, Rory Tahari, Joe Zee, Catherine Malandrino, Tory Burch, Ally Hilfiger and Neel Shah were a few of the names to toast the Nina Garcia replacement." (Guestofaguest)



"I gave Howard (Stern) a gift certificate for his b-day to The Ivy
for a Grand/ same owners as London.. they just recently opened in Coconut Grove And sent him a ten batch of Ivy Sticky Toffee Pudding by FedEx. I don't think Howard likes/or uses gift certificates says Joey boots but my first FedEx package went lost and I had to think fast. Johnny Fratto called in with me just now to ask Howard if he ate me.. Ivy's Sticky Toffee Puddy but Fratto was drunk and just came from a strip club and Friggin was mad snoring. I thought we'd be stuck on 3 way all day and I emailed Gary at the show and we had an immediate click ... I bought Howard a special fork and spoon set made from real horn to eat his Ivy Sticky Toffee Pudding with and jumped a fence and scaled someone's NY townhouse to get Howard his own Ivy vine for some added decoration." (Ivy Supersonic/Audio)



"Howard (Stern) revealed that he'd been invited by Conan to fly out to LA to appear on 'The Tonight Show,’ an opportunity that he found almost too attractive to give up: 'Everybody [finally] sees Jay for the evil devil that he is.' Howard said he had a lot of questions for Conan: 'You wanna look Conan's hair in the eye and say What's going on here, pal? But the prospect of traveling to LA was too much: "The reality of having to go do it is the part I'm not happy about.'" (HowardStern)



"It's just been brought to my attention that, while they were Harvard undergraduates, Jeff Zucker '86 called the cops on Conan O'Brien '85. (I never saw previous reports about this.) According to articles in both the Harvard Crimson and Yale Daily News, Zucker, then president of the university's Harvard Crimson daily newspaper, dispatched the police to the Harvard Lampoon office after O'Brien, who was president of the campus humor magazine, organized a prank on his college rival -- stealing an entire print run of the Crimson before it could be distributed. 'He only forgave me when I gave him The Tonight Show,' Zucker told a Yale gathering back in 2005." (Deadline)

No comments: